Friday, May 1, 2009

I Am Addicted

I have a very addictive personality. No, I am not flaunting my vanity. I am not stating that people just can't get enough of me and want to be around me all the time. But I digress. I have one of those personalities that gets wildly addicted to things quite easily. Once I start, it is really hard to stop. Good thing I never decided to start drinking or smoking!!! Here are some of my vices:
1. Caffeine: Diet Pepsi, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper. Bring them all one. They gotta be diet though. I don't like the feel of the sugar on my teeth or normal soda. I love it and constantly say that I am going to get off of it someday but, that someday will never come. I got addicted on my mission. They told us to drink a Coke after eating anything questionable. That happened at least once a day. They said that it would kill nearly anything, I mean you have seen what it does to a penny! Even thought I know what it does to my body, I can't seem to quit the stuff.

2. Crystal Light: I started drinking the Crystal Light to kick the Diet Coke habit. So far, not so good. Now, I am just addicted to two things. My favorite flavor are Peach Mango and Raspberry. Between the Cokes and the Crystal Light, I am sure that I have enough Aspartame in my body to kill an entire colony of lab rats. Good thing I am not a lab rat.

3. My Computer: I love my computer and I spend way too much time on it. Yes, I do do some productive things on it. I have all of my patterns stored on it and I do a lot of internet sales with my patterns and clothing. However, I also spend way too much time researching trips, facebook, random craft tutorials, Ebay and oh yes, my blog.

4. Writing: I absolutely love to write. I write nearly every day. Most of it is simply journal writing. However, I do have the hope that someday I will write the next Great American Novel. Doubt that that will happen but, I have enough little short stories, idea, snippets to keep me satisfied and probably certifiable.

5. Ice Cream: I love ice cream. I would eat it every day for ever meal. I can't get enough of the stuff. I have recently found a light ice cream that tastes just like the real stuff. To most people that would simply mean that their serving of ice cream has less calories or fat. Oh, not me. I look at as that I can now eat three times the ice cream for the same fat and calories. Yes, I am pathetic.

6. Sewing: Surprise Surprise. This one catches absolutely no one off guard. I love it. It is one of my favorite things to do. I can sequester myself downstairs and spend an entire night sewing and not even realize that it is 4:00 a.m. Yes, I do that quite frequently.

7. Sappy, Corny Chick Flicks: I am the eternal romantic. Someone called me that a few months ago and I wasn't sure how to take it. Now, I am embracing it and realizing that it is just part of who I am. I can watch movies like "Never Been Kissed." "Sabrina," "Princess Bride," "The Cutting Edge," "Pride and Prejudice," "The Notebook....." over and over and over. I bookmark my favorite parts of books to and read them over and over.

8. Driving: I love to drive and I love road trips. I would rather drive than fly. I love to pack up the kids and take them on afternoon drives. They love it too because we usually stop at Sonic and they have a better chance at not having a schizo mommy at the end of the day.

9. French Fries: Oh, talk about weaknesses. This one tops the charts. If we go out to eat, the whole way to the restaurant I keep repeating in my mind, "I am going to get a salad. I am going to get a salad." I say it all the way up to looking at the menu and then I find and order an entree that has fries, just for the fries. Now, let me also put in there that salad is one of my favorite foods but, fries always trump it. Too bad they don't have a salad and fries combo. That would just be to close to heaven for us mortals to partake of.

10. My Friends: In this life, I have been blessed with a small handful of very good, close friends. They are the ones that I can tell anything and everything. They don't judge me. They tell me exactly how it is and don't hold back. And, they love me as much as I love them.

11. My Kiddos: My kiddos are my end all be all intense addiction. I love them more than I ever thought that I could love another human being. I look at how fast they are growing up and want to flash freeze every moment. I love spending time with them, reading with them, talking about their struggles in life. I absolutely LOVE being a mom and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. Now, that is not to say that I don't have moments where I have to call someone to talk me out of selling my kiddos to the gypsies but, for the most part, they are great.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love learning about you. You are such a wonderful woman!

Banks Family said...

We need to have a chick flick night!! I have not seen the Notebook and I love The Cutting Edge...