Thursday, May 28, 2009

Student of the Month...And Just Plain Special







This afternoon I got a phone call from Kyra's first grade teacher telling me that Kyra had been chosen to be the "Student of the Month." This month's theme was Positive Attitude. Well, that certainly describes Kyra to the core. No matter the situation, Kyra always find the positive side of things. I love it. She is a really great example to me of always looking on the bright side.
We decided to take the kids out to dinner. Kyra for her award and Kaeson for graduating from preschool. We went to Mimi's. When our waitress showed up to take our order, Kyra was not shy at all. She piped right up and told our waitress (and everyone the surrounding tables) that we were there because she was student of the month. Not to be outdone, Kaeson's response followed promptly, "And I'm here because I'm...Well, I'm just special." Everyone at the surrounding tables chuckled a bit and thought that they were cute.
I am SOOOO proud of both of my kiddos. They are certainly treasures and I couldn't love them more. Congratulations Kyra and Kaeson.

4 comments:

me and my boys said...

Give those two hugs from me! They have EVERY reason to be proud, as does their Mom!

Michele said...

Kyra looks SO proud and Kaeson looks so excited and happy. Way to go mom!

Kate Mc2 said...

Yay! Congratulations to both of your sweet kiddos! How fun for both of them!

Banks Family said...

I am so proud of Kyra. She is just taking off with everything she does. Kaeson is just so stinking cute and the sweeting little boy. What does that say about his parents? All good!